Friday, February 10, 2017

Time to count UFO's and WIP's

HAPPY 2017!

I know I'm a bit late wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR, but as it is said; better late than never. I hope this year, so far, have treated you well.
Do you have any New Year's resolutions and do you stick to them? I have given up on them, they fail all the time. That said, I hope to blog more regularly and this year I start out with UFO's / WIP's

I'm not sure if I should refer to them as UFO's, WIP's or both? I work on each of them (except the last two) off and on, when I'm bored with other projects. :) 


I love scraps more and more and #1 are some PSQ blocks I have leftover from one I finished last year. These 2.5 inch charms are solely from swaps over the last years. My idea is to combine charms with pinwheels.... so let's see how that pans out. 

  
Scrappy granny square blocks I started last year. I'm using green and brown batiks, all from my stash. 


108 scrappy log cabin blocks! These are made from 1-1/2 inch wide strips and the finished block size is 8 inch. 



Another scrappy I started last year. I'm currently working on this one.


The next two are my oldest UFO's, from 2010/11! This one is a real UFO! :) 
Quilting members of NNC (NEEDLESnCRAFTS) yahoo group in Malaysia made blocks for a group swap. Here's one of the blocks I made. I may have enough fabrics for a small lap quilt...


Some of the blocks I received from the NNC group swap.
I have yet to decide on how to arrange them; there may be some other blocks (from the swap) in between. 

These UFO's / WIP's should keep me out of trouble over the next months! lol

What are you currently working on? 

HAPPY QUILTING! 

8 comments:

Anne-Kristine / Hjertesøm said...

Åhh Astrid, du er bare sååå flink til å bruke rester og resultatene dine blir jo så fine :-) Skulle ønske du bodde litt nærmere så kunne vi sydd litt sammen og du kunne fått litt rester av meg...jeg er dessverre ikke like flink til å bruke de :-(

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad to see you back to posting, hope you will continue. You have plenty of scrap projects to keep you busy - I have too many to count - I call them WIP as I am always working on them

Chantal said...

So happy to hear from you again, Astrid. Happy New Year to you too. Looks like enough beautiful projects to keep out of trouble for awhile, lol. I am working on a log cabin, need to applique a vine on a table runner and keep busy with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (two new quilts started this year for that challenge) and an I-Spy baby quilt. I think I'm good til September, lol. The swap blocks from NNC are interesting. Love it. ;^)

Elzaan said...

Happy New Year indeed!
Lots of fun projects to keep you busy and out of trouble :)
I am working on a blue quilt, and already planing on finishing an UFO or two too...sometime this year LOL

Karen S said...

You have a lovely collection of UFOs/WIPs. It will be lovely to see them being worked on again and becoming finishes. Good luck. And great to see you posting again.

Unknown said...

Astrid, you do scraps so well! I can't wait to see the finished projects--now get to work! :)

Susan M said...

Astrid, You are tempting me to break into my scraps sooner than I planned! OI'd really like to get more of a variety before I start, but I love how you color coordinated some of them and it makes my mind spin!

Unknown said...

I love the Scrappy Granny Squares in batik browns and greens. It awesome when the simple graphics and beautiful fabrics compliment so well, isn't it? And the tutorial on basting was great! I always hand baste my big quilts now because of you! So, thanks!