Sunday, February 14, 2016

A WIP and some January finishes

Low pressure and rain over the last days. I love it! Yesterday morning I had to go to town - in the rain. It doesn't take more than 15-20 minutes by foot. I did the grocery shopping, walked home and came home soaked. It doesn't bother me at all to get soaked, as long as I'm on my way home to a shower, dry clothes and a yummy cuppa thereafter. Love the tropical rain; it's warm! 
Not a good day today though; torrential rain and the worst hit is the Northern part. Schools have been closed for the last couple of days, offices closed at 11:00 today, houses flooded, roads closed etc. We are fine, we got less than half of the rainfall they got North. 
No venture out for me today. I have spent the day working on an Easter table runner


This is the layout from yesterday. Blocks and set-in triangles are sewn together and it is ready for quilting.
The fabrics for the top are washed so I washed the backing fabric yesterday afternoon. How do I expect it to dry on the line in 94% humidity?! lol 

UPDATE: This was written earlier this week. Weather has improved, but we still have localized thunderstorms.

I have several finishes and most of them are for sale in my Etsy Shop


A pair of Valentine's Day place mats. 
SOLD to the US. 


Valentine's Day wall hanging


Nurse mug rug. Love making these!




Table runner


Another one...


Last one...


... and a table topper or candle mat.
Love these fabrics!


Actually I have made three like this one. I made the first one in December that sold. The customer loves it and placed an order for a second one that is now off to the US. The third I made is for sale in my shop. Love these fabrics too! 


A fall table runner that I finished last year. It has been sitting on my sewing table, waiting for me to take photos. 


Nurse mug rug


Another one... 


We are having a break from hiking during these hot & humid summer months. Instead, I'm trying out some new recipes and here's one I did some days ago.


1 comment:

Karen S said...

That's a lot of rain to be getting. So pleased you have been okay.
You have been busy with all your projects. They look great.