Monday, March 2, 2015

More UFO finishes and a newbie

HAPPY MARCH!

Can you believe we are already two days into March?! It feels good! Can't wait for cooler days in April! Not that January & February have been that bad, but it feels like 'Summer in March'! The last days have been hot; +31C / 88F and that is more than enough for me when 80-90% humidity is added. 

I have started walking... Well, I have always been walking (hiking), but now I walk 5 km / 3.10 miles every morning Monday to Friday. There's a nice park in walking distance from where we live and there's an outdoor gym too. It feels good to do the walk and some exercise for my arms, shoulders and back without going to an indoor gym. It takes me one hour and I think that is much better than no exercise at all. :)

I've been busy with UFO's! You can see my UFO' s herehere and here
I have finally finished two of the quilts


This is UFO #3 - 'Irish Chain'

The other one is


UFO #4 - Scrappy 'Disappearing Pinwheel'.
Love the scrappy look and the fact that I used up lots of bits and pieces.

Progress...


... on UFO #8. I've added 'flying geese' border to all sides. 
Actually it is almost done; I've left to hem the binding and hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow.

I  have a newbie too


Set of 6 pansies coasters
I was looking for something floral and had totally forgotten about this beautiful fabric. 

I still have UFO's to finish, but I must confess I'm tired of them! LOL 

UFO update:
Total UFO's: 22
February Finishes: 4
January Finishes: 4
UFO's left: 14

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like your quilts as always - I too try to walk the 3 miles 5 days a week, but sometimes instead I ride a bike for part of the hour - I got to a fitness center though and they have some weights there and machine I use for my arms. I have a lot of trouble with my hips though so that is why sometimes I do not walk the whole time but ride the bike too.

teachpany said...

Congratulations on your finishes! I need to get some done, as well. Gorgeous fabrics, too.

Oops-Lah said...

Two stunning quilts finished. And what beauties! Well done. And well done on the new walking/gym routine. I used to walk very regularly too, but now we have no more dogs, I've become very lazy. Also the heat gets to me here, don't you struggle with that? Anyway that's about to change for me and then I won't have an excuse anymore ;)!

Nat Palaskas said...

Yes March is zooming along. 1 March is first day of Autumn, but our summer hasn't been too bad this year.
Good to hear that you are keeping fit and well. I too taking daily walk about 3 kilometers each day when I'm at work. I also go to the indoor gym 4-5 times a week after work. Every Friday I swim. I must say I'm feeling great and loving my physical exercise! It's nice to share on our blogs. We get people thinking and taking care of themselves! Hugs Nat

Karen S said...

great finishes on the quilts. It is lovely to see them done. keep up the good progress.

Quiltgal said...

Your quilts are really beautiful. I especially like the use of the daffodil fabric as the focal point. I have always loved the irish chain. Enjoy your site very much.