Saturday, November 1, 2014

Some Christmas and other finishes for October

HAPPY NOVEMBER!

October went by like a whirlwind. I think that means I have been busy. 
I have been busy finishing some projects and - of course - there are WIP's. 

Warning: Photos heavy! 


First of all, I'm happy to say my scrappy Christmas log cabin quilt is finished! :)


I have quilted two 'bunting & bows' for each block. It was tedious, but I love how it turned out. 


The back has cuddly flannel depicting reindeer and trees. 


Four Santa place mats. I think they are so cute I have to show them all! :) 





I've used the same fabric line (as the place mats) to make this cute table topper.


Green patchwork / cardinal table runner


 I love this pattern and made a red one too! :) 


Cardinal table topper. Happy to say this one has sold! 



October - the month of breast cancer awareness - I made two mug rugs. 

Christmas card holder with three pockets

3 'grape' mug rugs


2 more mug rugs using the same fabric. 
Love to use up bits and pieces! :) 

You may wonder how I manage to do so many projects in such a short time? Well, most of these projects were almost done, but had to wait for batting and thread to finish them. 

I'm happy to say I have made some progress on my 2.5 inch charms Postage Stamp Quilt. A few blocks are sewn together already. I wanted to add it to this post, but it will be too much. I will do another post soonest.

Have a wonderful weekend! 


6 comments:

Oops-Lah said...

You are already "knee deep" in Christmas projects it seems. Lots of lovely stuff you have produced and no doubt are still producing.

Karen S said...

Lovely work with the scrappy log cabin. It looks great and is perfect for Christmas.
You have had a very productive time. Lots of lovely finishes.

Angie in SoCal said...

What great projects! You were busy, Astrid. Love the mug rugs - especially the ones with the ladies and the grapes ones. Thanks for sharing

annemariesquilt said...

You have made many lovely christmas finishes!
Thanks for visiting my blog..

Anita said...

Always lovely to stop by and see the yummy things you've been up to. Love the Christmas spirit.
Cheers, Anita.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

You have been very busy Astrid...wonderful work!