Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Custom order off to Canada and two finished UFO's

Over the last couple of weeks I've been working on a custom order and now its on the way to Canada.
The lady wanted a teapot cozy and four matching placemats. I didn't have more of the fabrics she wanted, so I suggested some other fabrics that I had to purchase from the US. If she was willing to wait for the shipping time etc? Yes, no problem. 
Fortunate the fabrics arrived in reasonable time (less than 3 weeks). Gorgeous country themed fabrics with roosters and plaids. Immediately I fell in love with these fabrics, which made it even more fun to create something. 



The lady wanted me to use my creative skills (gasp!). The teapot cozy wasn't a big deal, easy to make.


The lady decided on four fabrics and wanted four different placemats. 
Since the shape of the placemats are rather rectangular, I suggested a pocket for cutlery on the right side and a band for a napkin on the left side. 


I had the idea in my head for some days before I drew it on paper. I know! I know! I could have done it in EQ7, but..... 


Since the roosters are the focal points on two of the fabrics, I fussy cut to make them fit the best I could. 


Love these colorful roosters! :)


When the placemats were done, I suggested I make matching lined napkins; one of each fabrics using the same backing as for the placemats. 


I just love the country charm of these items. I hope the lady will love them as much as I loved making it all. 

I've been working on a couple of UFO's...
A pair of whimsical dancing snowmen potholders


... and a teapot cozy! :) 


I have a Christmas / winter table topper (UFO) that is not finished. It's ready to be quilted, but I'm not sure how to quilt it... Forgot to take a photo...

I made 'healthy' muffins a couple of days ago. Turned out very yummy.  :) 



4 comments:

Hilachas said...

You are SO creative. I just love how the placemats and cozy turned out. Beautiful!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will need to think of a Xmas tea cozy to make - I hadn't thought of that until you showed yours!

Trines hobby said...

Spisebrikkene var knallfine!

Karen said...

The napkins and place mats look wonderful! Beautiful work!