Monday, October 1, 2012

Another UFO (2011) finished! Place Mats

How are you all doing? I have been MIA for some weeks... I felt a bit 'burnt out' after finishing Johnny's BD quilt. It took me some time after he left to get into quilting again, but over the last couple of weeks I have been clever! :) 

I don't know how many times I have pulled those place mats out from the shelf! They have been sitting there for months... I remember I ran out of fabric - about one year ago - to finish them. I wanted to finish them before Christmas last year.... took me one year to finish! :) When I finally got the fabric, I was already working on another project so had to put it aside. I have been working on them off and on; did all the binding some months ago. 




What took time is that I couldn't decide what to do with the Santa's and polar bears... To leave it undone was not an option; it had looked unfinished... I finally decided to outline all the details, using the sewing machine, which I do not regret at all! They look so much better now! :)

 
Tedious job to do, but now it's finally done! :)
 
 
 
Being on a SSD (Strict Stash Diet) this year - I have sinned!!! 
When I saw the panel of 'Too many men' - I couldn't resist! Those snowmen are just too cute, hiding here and there! :) I didn't buy one panel only, but TWO!!! :) 
One panel consists of one big 'picture' and four smaller ones. Out of the latter, I've made four place mats. 
 
 
Just too cute! Hiding there, behind the tree - and believes no one sees him!
 
 
All details are outlined using my sewing machine. 
Love how it turned out! 
 
 
I'm afraid it won't be much quilting this month.... We're having visitors again from middle of this week.... :) Can't wait!
Before they land here, I have to finish some mug rugs that I started working on a couple of days ago... Almost done, just left to hand stitch the binding...
 

  

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lol - i have sinned too - just got back from a trip and stopped at 4 quilt shops - have enough to last a long, long time in my house!
I noticed you weren't blogging - glad to see you back.
Karem

Trines hobby said...

Så flink du har vært å sydd ferdig UFOer! Kjempesøte brikker med både isbjørn og snømenn:) Kos deg med besøket! Klem

quilton said...

I love the snowman panel. Alas I have sinned this month too and must put the wallet away.

Karen said...

It's lovely to see you back with your sewing. The Santas and polar bears are great. And I think the purchase of the panels has been well worth it. Love the way you have used the pictures. beautiful work.!

Sil said...

Son absolutamente adorables!