Sunday, May 30, 2010

D9P finished!


Hurray! Another UFO (#15 this year) finished!
It's not an old UFO, it's from the end of last year. I'd wanted to do a 'disappearing-9-patch' quilt for a long time, when I finally decided on it, here.


It took me some time to finish it, because I ran out of one of the fabrics and had to purchase more... When I was doing the borders (here), I ran out of the other fabric - had to purchase more, and when I had basted the binding, I didn't have matching thread - had to purchase that too - phew! :) Luckily the web shop in the US wasn't sold out for the fabric I needed!
For batting I've used polyester - only suitable batting available here - and very cozy flannel for the backing.
And finally - a couple of days ago - it's done! Done! Done! :))

I enjoyed making D9P-blocks and I'd love to do another one!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Woo-hoo! Isn't done just grand? You're a lot faster than I am! And such a gorgeous finish. I really like the turquoise and mauve combo.

PJs Lapperier said...

Det blev en häftig quilt av detta mönster.

ria vogelzang said...

That was quite a challenge to finish this quilt!!
But she is a beauty! You did a great job!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great job and a great feeling to be done isn't it. Doing these big quilts always takes awhile.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Nat Palaskas said...

Congratulations on finished UFO # 15. How great was that! Now you can start making more without feeling quilty :). I love the D9P too and I think it's good for a comfort quilt - Hugs Nat

Angie in SoCal said...

What a beautiful combination of colors. Your D9P turned out great. I have made one, but it was a baby quilt - LOL actually, I had trouble cutting the blocks once I hade made the nine patches - almost didn't get it finished. So glad you were able to find enough fabric to finish it.
Congrats.

zarina said...

I too have been playing in my head to make a full bed size quilt of the D9P.

Janet C said...

So lovely! Congrats on completing 15 UFO's! :)

Margaret wong said...

Well done!! Love the colours too, and it's beautiful!

Sigrun said...

Kjempeflott, likte godt fargevalget ditt.